top of page
WHAT TO THINK ABOUT WHEN DESIGNING A NEW KITCHEN.
You've decided to go for it! It's time to not jump into any decisions and ensure that your new kitchen will completely benefit from a revamp. This means, it needs to be practical, suitable and aesthetically pleasing for you, not your auntie mags or Stewart down the road and not your designer (although they can help advise).
1. STORAGE, storage and more storage! Make use of corners with storage solutions like Le mans or a corner carousel to use hard to reach spaces effectively. Try and integrate a larder unit and install plenty of drawers for easier access and optimum storage
2. The 'work triangle' - you shouldnt have your sink, oven and hob all in one straight run - (if you can help it!), the work triangle positions them for optimum, practical use of your kitchen space.
3. Think about your CURRENT kitchen, what do you like about it? What don't you like about it? What would you benefit from? Having a chat with us will also help bring up certain things you may not have thought of.
4. If your kitchen space offers multiple options, make sure you ask your designer to give you alternatives if its possible - it gives you more information to process but allows you to pick and choose certain aspects that you want in your final design.
5. Find yourself tradesmen you trust.
6. Purchase your kitchen from a reputable company - ideally an independent vs. a national chain, they care a LOT about the finished product and it makes a big difference supporting local.
The Global Design Studio offer the whole package. No need to source any tradesmen, we do it all for you ** apart from painting!
Contact us if you need any more information or any advice.
bottom of page